Explore turning points, everyday joys and unexpected challenges after financial independence or retirement, with the date and original source for each account.
“Anxiety doesn't end at retirement, finding things in my life that bring meaning (Working out, spending time with others, giving back, luxuries ◔‿◔, etc.) has been the most important thing to find contentment.”
Tried successive projects, including software, outdoor goals and a memoir.
A software effort brought back long hours at a desk.
How it felt
Found some skills rusty when he returned to software work. “I was out of practice.”
Saw mistakes and completed projects as part of an ongoing search for worthwhile effort. “My answers were not always optimal, but they were educational.”
“There is very little I want or need and I have my health, friends, and the desire to keep learning and exploring and maybe in the future, shifting into a higher gear with my charitable giving as the world changes.”
With your permission, we use Google Analytics cookies to measure visits and popular pages. You can decline and keep exploring, or change your choice any time.