A life close to home
“I just wanted to stay home.”
Life at the time
- A home base and shared mornings.
How it felt
- Less urge to travel. “I just wanted to stay home.”
Explore turning points, everyday joys and unexpected challenges after financial independence or retirement, with the date and original source for each account.
“I just wanted to stay home.”
“And finally, we don’t worry about money (as much)!”
“These days, I bring joy to myself and others with my creativity.”
“I'm determined the direction will be set by me”
“I'm usually so busy doing my own stuff I don't know where I would fit a regular job in anyway.”
“I do feel guilty when I am not helping out at home.”
“But over the past few months I’ve gotten back into pre-planning my week, setting family/hobby/personal project goals, using a calendar, reenforcing personal routine, etc… and I’m happier for it.”
“And to be honest, even a few days after I handed in my laptop and badge, the feeling remains quite surreal about what just happened.”
“I got rid of all my work clothes and enjoy the short commute to my home office.”
“I've made it about 8 times in the past two weeks, I wonder if my friends are getting sick of the pop-in bread deliveries yet.”