Explore turning points, everyday joys and unexpected challenges after financial independence or retirement, with the date and original source for each account.
“Despite having so much love for both kids and my partner, with all the help I have and a very involved, hands-on partner, I still feel trapped sometimes.”
The couple left demanding corporate roles and focused on travel, exercise and healthy eating; she still considered possible consulting.
How it felt
Both enjoyed the freedom, though he called it retirement and she regarded her break as a sabbatical. “enjoying the freedom from the demands of corporate life.”
“So this is the first year I can remember in my adult life where I didn’t have some long-term goal driving me on, and it’s quite uncomfortable, if I’m honest.”
“I’d happily trade a few moments of post-retirement boredom for the meetings, sleepless nights, presentations, sales pitches, employee turmoil, work travel, and complete uncertainty that came with running a business.”
With your permission, we use Google Analytics cookies to measure visits and popular pages. You can decline and keep exploring, or change your choice any time.