Explore turning points, everyday joys and unexpected challenges after financial independence or retirement, with the date and original source for each account.
“I'm not bored or stressed, but I am feeling like "what's next." I will always keep travelling and trying to experience new places and things, but I'm pondering connecting myself to more tasks and hobbies here at home.”
“I’d highly encourage readers to get involved in their local community on some level, while they’re still working and raising a family, don’t wait until you’re retired.”
Financial security enabled him to leave public administration under political pressure and return to neglected interests.
How it felt
The abrupt transition was difficult despite gratitude for new freedom and a supportive spouse; future employment remained undecided. “I may return to work, or I may not.”
With your permission, we use Google Analytics cookies to measure visits and popular pages. You can decline and keep exploring, or change your choice any time.