Explore turning points, everyday joys and unexpected challenges after financial independence or retirement, with the date and original source for each account.
He moved from semi-retirement to full retirement in 2022, with golf, gym time, travel and volunteering among his intended activities.
How it felt
He valued the strong relationships with his wife and adult children that he had protected during his career. “I have a great relationship with my wife and grown kids.”
Both physicians continued practicing after reporting financial independence. The interviewee also pursued real-estate projects, cooking and a car hobby.
How it felt
He preferred staying occupied and did not see abundant free time as a goal. “I love to cook.”
“TBH, I had a lot of internal anguish about this, feeling lazy or just listless, but as time has gone on I’ve come to terms with it by acknowledging that every single day in my corporate life was equally if not significantly more pointless.”
With your permission, we use Google Analytics cookies to measure visits and popular pages. You can decline and keep exploring, or change your choice any time.