Explore turning points, everyday joys and unexpected challenges after financial independence or retirement, with the date and original source for each account.
“With the ability to do slower travel and therefore less pressure to squeeze everything in, I've found that FIRE has given me a a stronger sense of calm/relaxation from the normal frantic life and resulted in a lot less stress.”
“I refuse to accomplish anything in the morning, and instead insist on having a long, leisurely breakfast every single day (exceptions: a flight to catch, or a powder day).”
After retiring from pharmaceuticals at 54, he kept limited consulting and made time for exercise, friends, volunteering and travel.
How it felt
He enjoyed retirement, but had to adjust to fading work contacts and a slower pace with his wife. “I learned how to downshift my 100 mph activity level.”
With your permission, we use Google Analytics cookies to measure visits and popular pages. You can decline and keep exploring, or change your choice any time.