Explore turning points, everyday joys and unexpected challenges after financial independence or retirement, with the date and original source for each account.
“I felt the old property manager was falling into some terrible habits that was leading the business into the "slumlord" territory and even though I tried to get them to change it just wasn't happening.”
“I thought I would miss the title, the company recognition or the associated prestige and related self-worth but I have found a great appreciation in just being me.”
Following an earlier-than-expected corporate exit, he tried more biking, hiking, golf, pickleball and gym time.
How it felt
He was surprised by how little he missed the prestige of his former role and appreciated life without that title. “I am surprised how little I miss it”
After leaving a general-manager role, she spent time with family in Europe and walked their dog each morning with her retired husband.
How it felt
She described improved balance and considered their financial goals achieved, while learning how to use their savings. “My work life balance is very good right now”
With your permission, we use Google Analytics cookies to measure visits and popular pages. You can decline and keep exploring, or change your choice any time.