Explore turning points, everyday joys and unexpected challenges after financial independence or retirement, with the date and original source for each account.
“Deleting social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc has freed up so much cognitive cycles and reduced my anxiety while increasing my satisfaction with life.”
Expected travel to occupy about a quarter of 2026, leaving more time near family.
How it felt
Recognized burnout after years of arranging the next move. “I burned myself out.”
Planning trips had changed from a pleasure into an obligation; some trips made home seem more appealing. “travel planning went from something I would wake up early excited to do, to something I was obligated to do”
“But over the past few months I’ve gotten back into pre-planning my week, setting family/hobby/personal project goals, using a calendar, reenforcing personal routine, etc… and I’m happier for it.”
“Despite having so much love for both kids and my partner, with all the help I have and a very involved, hands-on partner, I still feel trapped sometimes.”
With your permission, we use Google Analytics cookies to measure visits and popular pages. You can decline and keep exploring, or change your choice any time.