Explore turning points, everyday joys and unexpected challenges after financial independence or retirement, with the date and original source for each account.
Her flexible remote freelance work made it easier to manage her mother's affairs; her husband kept short hours in his own law practice.
How it felt
She favored a partial retirement that preserved mental engagement and reduced pressure on assets. “That flexibility allows me to manage my mother’s affairs more easily.”
“Since I found myself retired early (2014), and over time we decided that I did not need to go back to work full-time, I find my life balance to be great.”
The retired couple traveled with their children and supported churches, while spending substantial time together as a family.
How it felt
He struggled with the absence of fixed schedules and with choosing something worthwhile to pursue. “figuring out exactly what that is has been difficult”
With your permission, we use Google Analytics cookies to measure visits and popular pages. You can decline and keep exploring, or change your choice any time.