Explore turning points, everyday joys and unexpected challenges after financial independence or retirement, with the date and original source for each account.
“TBH, I had a lot of internal anguish about this, feeling lazy or just listless, but as time has gone on I’ve come to terms with it by acknowledging that every single day in my corporate life was equally if not significantly more pointless.”
The physician and entrepreneur continued clinical and business work. After intense pandemic workloads, part-time work and travel returned to the schedule.
How it felt
Growing the company remained enjoyable enough that retirement was a future possibility rather than an immediate wish. “I am having too much fun growing the company to consider retirement.”
After a corporate reorganization, he left engineering leadership and devoted attention to investing, while considering more volunteering.
How it felt
He welcomed the improved balance and remained open to interesting work rather than declaring every future job off limits. “Though if something interesting comes along I will think about.”
In early retirement, he accepted selected consulting opportunities and considered spending part of the year in Europe.
How it felt
He described good work-life balance and enjoyment of retirement; the European move remained conditional on affordability. “am enjoying early retirement.”
With your permission, we use Google Analytics cookies to measure visits and popular pages. You can decline and keep exploring, or change your choice any time.